A WORLD CLASS EXPERIENCE
This 90-180 minute immersive experience leverages professional actors in an interactive case study format to help you engage leaders, impact results, and drive change.
WHY THE RETENTION EXPERIENCE?
Most leadership meetings or events are not engaging and do not deliver sustainable results. Too often they deliver information or become an “advertisement” for desired change but don't address the natural doubts, concerns, beliefs, biases, and cultural realities that create barriers to change. The Retention Experience engages your leaders in an interactive case study with professional actors so they don't just learn about retention issues, but experience them. All the while discovering for themselves what needs to change in order to increase retention, improve performance, and enjoy leading.
WHAT IS IT?
The Retention Experience is live, immersive event. Life-like ‘dramas’ are organically conveyed to address the significant challenges to retention and organizational change. All characters in the case study reflect, without judgment, the unique strengths, challenges, blind spots, and contradictions prevalent in your organization. This creates a touchstone experience that:
- Creates a significantly greater awareness of myself and others.
- Reveals potential barriers to change through a fun, safe self-discovery process.
- Crafts a deeper dialogue around organization change.
- Gives participants a voice.
- Enhances participant’s awareness of themselves, leaders, and others.
- Provides leaders with a ‘real-life’ artifact to ‘tap into’ for the foreseeable future.
- Generates initial and long-lasting impact.
The interactive case study experience is typically 90-180 minutes in length, facilitated by a professional facilitator, and includes the following interactive elements:
Live professional actors portray scenes that reflect retention challenges and your organization’s business and culture (customized option).
Participants ask candid questions of characters to gain a more nuanced understanding of the character outside the sometimes political context of team meetings. Characters reveal mindsets, concerns, desires, biases, doubts, fears, and other realities.
Participants coach characters to more positive behaviors and choices - after which the actors spontaneously enact the suggestions of the participants. This creates an unscripted yet structured experience, just like our everyday interactions in ‘real life.’
Participants also engage in the experience through various small group discussion formats (i.e. at tables) to share observations, insights, and application.
The post-experience solution session is a facilitated discussion for participants to digest what they just experienced, draw out insights, and co-create next steps.
The format of the session generally follows a pattern similar to the following:
- Introductory Change Content (client)
- Scene 1 (actors)
- Scene 1 Debrief (facilitator + audience + small groups)
- Scene 1 Q&As (actors + facilitator + audience)
- Scene 2 (actors)
- Scene 2 Q&As (actors + facilitator + audience)
- Scene 2 Debrief (facilitator + audience + pairs)
- Scene 3 (actors)
- Scene 3 Q&As (actors + facilitator + audience)
- Scene 3 Debrief/Coaching (facilitator + audience + small groups)
- Coaching (Audience + actors + facilitator)
- Redo/New Scene (actors + audience + facilitator)
- Solution Session – Learning Debrief / Takeaways / Next Steps
The Retention Experience includes two options:
- A Standard Option in which the experience presents typical retention challenges in the context of a "generic" organization.
- A Customized Option during which the experience is fully customized to both your business and culture.